Felt very tweaky today all over: both glutes, right elbow, and right lower back. None of them particularly bad, just enough to annoy. Left shoulder was also a bit more noticable than usual in it’s weakness. Overall felt a lot better than Monday, though, in terms of fatigue.
Notes: While technically only 10 lbs less than the most I’ve actually done for a set of 5, I’m so much weaker. This felt almost like a 5RM, whereas when I was doing 345 and 350x5, I had a bunch more in the tank. I didn’t rest long enough for the 365x2, and it was a 2RM at that point. Butt may have come up to get 2nd rep.
Notes: First two sets were really hard. Got my head in the game, focused better, and the last three sets were much improved. After this past de-load week, I switched up which days I do press and bench volume vs intensity. I guess we’ll see if quad cramping from volume pressing on Thursdays makes Friday’s squats and pulls more difficult vs low back fatigue from volume benching on Thursdays.
Notes: Left shoulder bugged me during the first set, but only getting 12 after getting 13 last week motivated me, so I got 13 the next two sets, continuing my streak of adding at least 1 chin per week. Rested more than usual here, though.
Notes: Felt much harder than usual/expected.
KB Clean and Press Ladder
24kg x 4,3,2,1 x 2 sets
Notes: Since I have been disallowed from lateral raises, did these. Basically it’s 1 clean + 4 presses, 1 clean + 3 presses, etc… for two sets. They were pretty easy, even after all the other work.
Cable External Rotations
Stuff I saw at the gym today:
1. Douchebag takes up a rack (the one that happens to be my preferred rack) for ~30-40 minutes to do some bullshit routine involving bodyweight, a ViPR, a reebok core board, and one actual thing with the barbell in the rack. Loaded with 65 lbs. Luckily I had to bench first anyway, but I would have been pissed if I couldn’t get the rack because of him. Even coming to the gym at 2pm is no guarantee of getting what you want, which annoys me greatly.
2. Middle aged woman brings a pair 2.5 lb dumbbells halfway across the gym, to sit specifically on one of only two flat upright support benches in the whole place and do wrist curls. She leaves them on the bench when she’s done.
3. Guy loads 315 on the bar on the bench, does a few reps. Puts on 10 more for 325, does a double, fails the 3rd rep - didn’t ask for a spot, but luckily I was nearby, saw him, and bailed him out. He was wearing gloves and had the collars on both sides, so he’d have been screwed had I not seen him. How do you get that strong on the bench and not know basic bench press safety?
4. Guy comes it and starts squatting, does 135 and is actually below parallel so I notice. He’s in my preferred rack (I’m already done w rack work for the day so no big deal), which is the one (out of 3) that’s not in front of a mirror. But he has turned around so he has to back the weight back in after his sets, so he can squat while looking at a mirror, which is about 50 ft away across the width of the entire gym. By this time he’s half squatting 185.
5. Another guy comes in and starts squatting in the same rack. He is not as creative as previous guy. He doesn’t like that there’s no mirror, so when one of the mirrored racks opens up, he hauls ass over to it and moves there. Leaves his 225 on the bar, no attempt to put it away. Loads up 315 on the new bar and does 1/4 squats.
Fun times at the globo!